Following his appointment as chief executive of Reiss, Drapers takes a look at Christos Angelides’ career in fashion to date.
More from: Analysis: Angelides ‘a great fit’ for Reiss
- 1986 Angelides joined Next as a trainee menswear buyer
- 1989 He moved to become general manager of Next’s Hong Kong sourcing office
- 1994 Angelides was promoted to menswear product director at Next
- 1998 He became womenswear product director for Next
- 2000 Angelides joined the Next board as group product director taking on responsibility for all aspects of design, buying, quality and merchandising
- October 2014 He left Next to become president of Abercrombie & Fitch in the US.
- December 2015 Angelides exits Abercrombie & Fitch
- March 2016 Joins French Connection as non-executive director
- December 2016 Angelides is first mooted for the Marks & Spencer head of fashion and home role
- February 2017 He is appointed CEO at Reiss and stands down from the French Connection board
Timeline: Charting Christos Angelides' career